Among other areas he has experience in:
- VAT matters including: partial exemption; single and multiple supplies; and reduced rates and exemptions (such as the land exemption and the reduced rate for energy-saving materials);
- IHT matters including Business Property Relief;
- SDLT matters including: substantial performance and contracts providing for conveyance to a third party; and Multiple Dwellings Relief;
- Business rates and council tax;
- Entrepreneurs’ Relief and the Substantial Shareholding Exemption;
- Corporation tax matters including those concerning Double Taxation Conventions;
- Follower Notices and Accelerated Penalty Notices;
- Penalties; and
- Procedural matters and the application of the TMA 1970.
Ed is a member of the IFS’ Tax Law Review Committee and has assisted the research director in that role. He is also a member of the Revenue Bar Association.
Ed accepts instructions to act and advise on the full range of Chambers’ practice areas both as junior counsel and on his own.
- 2015-2016: City Law School, City University London; BPTC (Outstanding)
- 2014-2015: City Law School, City University London; GDL (Distinction)
- 2010-2013: Oxford University; BA (Hons) History (Prelims, Distinction)
Scholarships and Prizes:
- 2014: Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- 2014-2015: Lord Brougham Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- 2015-2016: Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- 2016: Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn