Virtual Crypto Assets Briefing with Francis Fitzpatrick Q.C. – Tuesday 10th May 2022.
We invite you to join us for a virtual briefing hosted by Francis Fitzpatrick Q.C, where he will be discussing the increasingly important topic of Crypto Assets.
The session will cover Crypto Assets (cryptocurrencies and non-fungible ‘utility’ tokens) focusing on:
- the origin and nature of cryptocurrencies comparing them with ‘bank currency’;
- their current and future role in the economy, especially in light of the Biden Executive Order;
- their status as ‘property’ for the purposes of general law in the light of recent decisions of the Business and Property Courts;
- the various views about the situs of crypto assets both as a matter of private international law and for the purposes of tax law;
- the CGT, IT and CT analysis, including whether such assets constitute currency, securities or derivatives; and
- the application of the loan relationships regime, the intangible assets regime and the fiscal analysis of decentralised finance.
The virtual event will take place on Tuesday 10th May 2022 from 4pm till 5pm via MS Teams. If you would like to attend this seminar, please email email@example.com and we will provide you with joining details for the event.
We look forward to you joining us at this event.